It has been hot these past couple of days in Western Wisconsin. After an exceptionally long Winter, Spring has finally arrived! But, because there was snow last week and now it is 80 plus degrees outside with crazy high humidity, it doesn’t feel as great as we all thought it would. *Cut to me during track practice, panting, melting into a pool of sticky sweat*
Even as I complain about the heat, I realize how stupid it is to be whining at all. But, oh do I have a low tolerance for heat! Dallas this Fall is going to be quite the challenge…..
While this weather does make me want the cooler temperatures which I was just curing out last week back, here are some more positive things that this weather makes me want to do:
- Drink gallons of the awful fruit punch in our fridge (which I would never stoop to in typical circumstances, being strictly a coffee girl).
- Sit out under a Maple tree and smell the grass and plum blossoms for hours until I absorb the green that is now coming to life everywhere and not think about school ever, ever, ever.
- Drag my piano out onto our wraparound deck and play Bach with the breeze to cool my flying fingers.
- Never wear jeans again! (I hate the pesky things-shorts and skirts I can handle)
- Go for long walks in the woods.
- Stick my bare toes into cool creek water until they go pleasantly numb.
As for now, I won’t do any of those things. I think I shall simply sit by and enjoy our late, late Spring. Stay tuned for pictures of the Wisconsin Spring and happenings on the farm soon to come. Clare has been out and about in the fields and has a slew of pictures for you all.